Attendance and Punctuality
Whole School Attendance Policy
This is a successful school and your child plays their part in making it so. We aim for an environment which enables and encourages all members of the community to reach out for excellence. For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their education it is vital that they attend regularly and your child should be at school, on time, every day the school is open unless the reason for the absence is unavoidable.
In line with the schools’ mission statement, Brownedge St Mary’s Catholic High School will encourage good attendance for all pupils, by offering an environment in which pupils feel safe, valued and part of the school community.
- Promote a culture across the school which identifies the importance of regular and punctual attendance
- Make attendance and punctuality a priority for all those associated with the school including pupils, parents, teachers and governors.
- Further develop positive and consistent communication between home and school
- Set targets to improve individual pupil and whole school attendance levels.
- Celebrate good attendance by displaying individual and class achievements;
- Reward good or improving attendance through class competitions, certificates and outings/events.