January 2021 Return to School Plans
It is with a heavy heart that I say that our best laid plans for our return to school in 2021 have now been halted. Following the instruction from Government, we will not be able to conduct any face-to-face teaching except for vulnerable and Key Worker children. However, we are not CLOSED.
We will continue to develop our pupils’ learning through our now well established and developed BSM@Home remote learning platform through Microsoft TEAMS and I am confident ALL pupils know our expectations in terms of continuing their learning from home. Your child’s classroom teachers will still deliver lessons for all your child’s timetabled lessons. From Thursday 7th January, pupils are expected to be ready to engage in their learning with LIVE teaching sessions and staff will take their registers as normal. In essence, it will be a normal school day, but with pupils at home. Pupil engagement in learning will be closely monitored by teachers in school and communicated to parents/carers. Teachers will set up meetings for pupils to join a live lesson in their relevant subject area. Live lesson meetings will be scheduled within channels in each subject Team, where teachers will teach, question and share resources just as they would in a typical lesson. The exception to this will be CORE PE, where there will be NO live teaching. However, activities or links to videos to aid fitness, wellbeing and mental health will be available for pupils to complete at home.
To summarise our BSM@ Home January 2021 system
- All lessons and work will now be set on Teams.
- Pupils will follow their normal timetable of lessons for each day.
- Lessons will be live and interactive from Thursday 7th January
- Tasks and activities set in these lessons will be set for completion and as appropriate pupils will submit work via assignments which will be set by the teacher.
- Therefore, each pupil will be expected to hand in at least FIVE assignments each day.
- Pupils MUST hand in these assignments for the pupil to be counted as having participated in the lesson.
- The exact assignment and its deadline is to be determined by your child’s teacher.
- The assignment could ask for a variety of things. For example, a written response to a question, filling in of a worksheet, annotation of a diagram or document, completion of a quiz or a low stakes test, a summary of learning, a drawing or a mind map.
- Pupils will hand in work by uploading documents or taking photographs of written work
- Parents will continue to receive emails once a week at the weekend, outlining your child’s assignment completion. Pupils have been engaging in this way of working for Homework since September but how to guides are available if needed, ask your child to email their teacher.
There is now NO necessity to stagger times of the day for different bubbles. Therefore, we have amended the school day to support pupils and parents easy understanding of lesson times. ALL pupils will now follow the same lesson timing. We hope this will support parents who have pupils in different year bubbles and therefore during normal school time would have had different lesson times.
New School Day Timings:
|Period 1||9.00 – 10.00 am|
|Period 2||10.00 – 11.00 am|
|Break||11.00 – 11.20 am|
|Period 3||11.20 -12.20 pm|
|Period 4||12.20 – 1.20 pm|
|Lunch||1.20 – 2.00 pm|
|Period 5||2.00 – 3.00 pm|
|PM Form Time||3.00 – 3.10 pm|
PM Form Time will begin week beginning 25th January 2021